The foundations Saint Stephen's Church ( Chiesa di Santo Stefano) were first laid in the XVIII century, while its reconstruction took place in the XVII century ,until its dedication in 1661. Prelate Sebastiano Guala elaborated the rebuilding project.
Pier Francesco Guala (Casale M.to 1698- Milan 1756) painted the fiftenteen tondi (roundels) representing saints and prophets. The canvas on the left side of the altar portrays Saint Lucia with Saint Crispino and Crispiniano and it was crafted by Guglielmo Caccia known as "Il Moncalvo" (Montabone d'Acqui 1568 - Moncalvo 1625).
Outstanding is the altarpiece portraying San Sebastiano, (Saint Sebastian) work of Giovanni Francesco Caroto.
Santo Stefano's church
Piazza Santo Stefano
from 9.00 to 12.00 am
The copy of the pictures must be approved and authorised
More informations: email@example.com